Blogs: All 5th, 6th and 7th grade students are concluding projects this week, so your blog is a project reflection. 8th grade students have a regular blog due.
6th Grade: Dirt on Soil
- MS-ESS2-1. Develop a model to describe the cycling of Earth's materials and the flow of energy that drives this process.
- MS-ESS2-2. Construct an explanation based on evidence for how geoscience processes have changed Earth's surface at varying time and spatial scales.
7th Grade: Human Body Redesign
- MS-LS1-3. Use argument supported by evidence for how the body is a system of interacting subsystems composed of groups of cells.
- MS-LS1-7. Develop a model to describe how food is rearranged through chemical reactions forming new molecules that support growth and/or release energy as this matter moves through an organism.
- MS-LS1-8. Gather and synthesize information that sensory receptors respond to stimuli by sending messages to the brain for immediate behavior or storage as memories.
Your Human Body 2.0 project is due December 19. Only extensions for redesign projects will be considered and might be granted on a case by case basis. Feedback on the essay drafts was published. Look for yours!
8th Grade: Chemistry-Bonding
- MS-PS1-1 Develop models to describe the atomic composition of simple molecules and extended structures.
- MS-PS1-2 Analyze and interpret data on the properties of substances before and after the substances interact to determine if a chemical reaction has occurred.
- MS-PS1-3. Gather and make sense of information to describe that synthetic materials come from natural resources and impact society.
- MS-PS1-4. Develop a model that predicts and describes changes in particle motion, temperature, and state of a pure substance when thermal energy is added or removed.
- MS-PS1-5. Develop and use a model to describe how the total number of atoms does not change in a chemical reaction and thus mass is conserved
Genius Hour Shark Tank presentations are due on December 18th during SEN. Because of this we will discuss what we want this week to look like in class. We will prepare to come back from break to "THE SPILL"