Blogs: All students will need to complete a weekly blog. Don't forget!5th Grade: Weather
6th Grade: Dirt on Soil
- MS-ESS2-1. Develop a model to describe the cycling of Earth's materials and the flow of energy that drives this process.
- MS-ESS2-2. Construct an explanation based on evidence for how geoscience processes have changed Earth's surface at varying time and spatial scales.
7th Grade: Human Body Redesign
- MS-LS1-3. Use argument supported by evidence for how the body is a system of interacting subsystems composed of groups of cells.
- MS-LS1-7. Develop a model to describe how food is rearranged through chemical reactions forming new molecules that support growth and/or release energy as this matter moves through an organism.
- MS-LS1-8. Gather and synthesize information that sensory receptors respond to stimuli by sending messages to the brain for immediate behavior or storage as memories.
You will receive your project assignments and meet with your team to develop a Human Body Redesign brief. Together we will create a time table for the project and you will be responsible for keeping yourself on track.
8th Grade: Chemistry-Bonding
- MS-PS1-1 Develop models to describe the atomic composition of simple molecules and extended structures.
- MS-PS1-2 Analyze and interpret data on the properties of substances before and after the substances interact to determine if a chemical reaction has occurred.
- MS-PS1-3. Gather and make sense of information to describe that synthetic materials come from natural resources and impact society.
- MS-PS1-4. Develop a model that predicts and describes changes in particle motion, temperature, and state of a pure substance when thermal energy is added or removed.
- MS-PS1-5. Develop and use a model to describe how the total number of atoms does not change in a chemical reaction and thus mass is conserved
This week will learn the meaning of chemical equations, and uncover the Law of Conservation of Matter. On lab days we will try to control a chemical reaction, and determine the relationship between reactants and products.
- The last day to turn in any late work for Science is December 17. The term ends on December 19 and final grades will be submitted then.
- The WINTER CONCERT and Chowder/Chili dinner fundraiser is December 10 at 7:00 in the cafeteria.
- Join us on December 18 at 5:00 for Student Exhibition Night. As a special treat, 6th and 8th graders will be pitching their Genius Hour projects to the community.